Tim Hall & Associates • Media & Communication 1983 to Present
25 years publishing, advertising and public relations in the Dominican Republic
Creation and implementation of news and advertising media; print, television and
internet. Specialist in co-op advertising products.
- Publication / management of two weekly community newspapers serving the
Puerto Plata region, one in English, one in Spanish.
- Publication of two nonfiction books, a video souvenir, an annual business
directory, a real estate magazine serving the Puerto Plata region.
- Production / management of a tourist information cable TV program in Santo
- Development / production of a video bank for the Dominican Republic Ministry of
Tourism providing a source of broadcast-ready material for foreign promoters
- Production of industrial videos and four-color print brochures under commercial
- Management and execution of public relations assignments and product launches
- Publication and management of an Internet portal for Puerto Plata region www.
- Freelance reporting for Canadian dailies, United Press International and various
- Freelance video for American cable TV and community programs.
- Web site design and consultation for Elliott Foundation, Integraction Juvenil,
SeaPro Divers, PuertoPlataHot and many more.
- Dominican Republic casting director for the feature film Lovewrecked (2004).
- Location Manager and local production support for the feature film The Good
- Location Manager for Good Housekeeping Magazine Summer Fashion features
- Location Manager for West Coast Plaza Spring 2008 fashion shoot.
Script writing, narration, print layout and design, Mac proficient (inDesign,
Dreamweaver, Photoshop), commercial copywriting and news reporting, art
direction, production management, basic HTML.
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade 1987 to Present
Canadian Honorary Consul for the Dominican Republic north coast
Representative for the Canadian Embassy on the north coast of the Dominican
Republic, providing assistance and protection to Canadian travelers and business
investors, interfacing with Dominican government authorities over consular, commercial,
development and public affairs.
The Montreal Gazette 1976 to 1983
Advertising Sales Representative
Managed a general portfolio of regional and local advertisers in all retail categories.
Brown Press Ltd., Montreal 1974 to 1976
Served apprenticeship in the negative and plate department of a medium sized offset
Consular Training Program, Foreign Affairs Canada, 1990, 1993 and 1996
Creative Writing, Concordia University, 1979
High School diploma with Trade skill program in Graphic Arts, Riverdale High School,
English, French, Spanish